Continuing Medical Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of CME credits do you provide?
- Maine Quality Counts only provides AMA PRA Category 1 Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credits.
When am I going to receive my official CME documentation?
- You will receive the official CME documentation via email within one month from the date of the attended webinar/learning session, or date of completion for an online learning module.
What do I do after receiving my official CME documentation?
- Physicians should fill out the CME documentation and keep it for their records. Ten percent of Maine physicians are audited by the Maine Board of Licensure of Medicine. If you are audited, you will be asked to provide copies of the official CME documentation to verify that you earned all reported credits.
- Non-physicians can ask for certificates of attendance/completion if their licensing board does not accept the official CME documentation.
I am certified by another licensing board. How do I know if they will accept AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits?
- You will need to contact your licensing board.
How do I know which of your offerings qualify for the CME credit requirement for opioid medication education found in P.L. 2015, Chapter 488, Maine’s recent legislation to address the opioid drug abuse crisis?
- Maine Quality Counts offers several online learning modules that provide CME credits that meet the P.L. 2015, Chapter 488 requirements. These modules can be found here. You can also contact the Maine Medical Association MICIS for alternative sources.
I completed an online learning module. How do I find and print the certificate of completion?
- You can access your certificate of completion on your user profile page. Click here for instructions on how to access your user profile. Please note that the certificate of completion is not the official CME documentation. The official CME documentation will be emailed to you separately within one month.
I can’t find my official CME documentation. How can obtain another copy?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your CME documentation for activities completed within the past 12 months. We will need your name, title of the activity and approximate date.